The orange is a citrus fruit that has healing properties due to its acidity, which purifies, oxidises, disinfects and acts as a microbicide to rid the body of bacteria (like the majority of citrus fruits). A long list of remedies and favourable benefits are what make its juice such a good drink for our body, as well as sweet and refreshing. Oranges, lemons and mandarins are the citrus fruits with the highest lime content, an element that is a part of our blood and bones. Also, oranges contain high percentages of citric acid, magnesium, phosphorus and iron.
The main functions of an orange:
- Cleans and stimulates the blood as well as tissue, muscles and cells.
- Destroys fat and obesity, tones up the stomach, cleans the skin and makes the eyes shine.
- Disinfects the blood and cures any infectious disease colds, coughs, syphilis, fungal skin infections, sores, fevers (caused by infection or toxaemia), wounds with pus, etc.
- Regulates cardiac rhythm and is used to treat tumours.
- Stimulates the brain, which facilitates a clear and healthy mind.
- Cures ulcers in the mouth and gums.
- Makes your hair shine.
- Helps cure and prevent dizziness.
- Helps to relieve headaches.
- The main and most effective use is its ability to purify the body quickly. Taking into account that the having a clean body is key to one’s health and beauty, this property is the greatest benefit that oranges can give us.
- Due to its phosphorus content, the consumption of oranges is recommended for those who are suffering from poisoning, exhaustion, nerve weakness, insomnia, neurosis or illnesses related to the nervous system.
- However, oranges are also very favourable and highly effective in treating cases of sclerosis, anaemia, rickets and tuberculosis.
- It is recommended in cases of constipation, muscular weakness, osteoporosis, etc.